The official opening was on 15th January 1922. It was a wonderful moment for all those involved and for future generations.
The club only had nine holes. The fairways were 25 metres wide and were surrounded by a paddock where sheep grazed. The grass was thick and many balls were lost.
In December 1920, Georges Durand was made president of Saint Germain Golf & Tennis Society and, with Louis Touvet, brought in Harry Colt to oversee the design and construction of the course.
This took place on 15 January 1922. Harry Colt’s original design was shorter and quite different from the course that is played today.