This took place on 15 January 1922. Harry Colt’s original design was shorter and quite different from the course that is played today.
A few years later the club was able to purchase an additional 20 hectares from the Service des Eaux et Forêt. Harry Colt was reappointed to re-design the course and also create a 9 hole course called the Parcours de Genêts. This is the basis of the club today.
At that time the courses were infested by crows that stole golf balls, which were smaller than those used today and, because they liked the material from which the balls were made. Now the crows prefer sandwiches and other edible items which they steal when the members are not looking. A crow with a ball in its beak is part of the logo for committee members.