The official opening was on 15th January 1922. It was a wonderful moment for all those involved and for future generations.
The origins began with M. de la Lombardière. He was one of the few French people who played golf at that time and he had created three holes next to the Tir au Pigeon in the Bois de Boulogne.
When M. de la Lombardière retired, he and his friend, Georges Durand, formed a partnership with Louis Trouvet who had been in charge of the horses for a carriage entrepreneur at a farm in Port Marly, and they took over part of the estate to create the Ermitage Golf Club.