On 29th December 1952, at 3 o’clock in the morning, the wooden clubhouse caught fire. No reason was discovered but the damage was extensive including the loss off all cups and trophies. Fortunately, part of the secretary’s office was saved including the archives.
The only other parts to survive were the changing rooms, the Durand house, and the laundry room, which became a makeshift bar – known as the 19th hole!
The architect appointed to rebuild the clubhouse was the son of a famous painter from Saint Germain, Maurice Denis. Michel Carlhian, antique dealer, interior designer, and French golf champion several times, took care of the interior, and a smart new clubhouse was created.